During a time of some widespread panic, we want to offer a collection of Bible verses for our church community to meditate on and seek when they are feeling any sense of panic or anxiety.
We know that this can be a scary time, but we want to direct our focus to the Lord.
All of these verses are in the NIV translation.
- “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
- “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
- “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4
- “As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.” Isaiah 66:13
- “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” John 14:1
- “And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.” 2 Corinthians 1:7
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- “But Jesus immediately said to them: ‘Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.’” Matthew 14:27
- “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.” 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.” Psalm 4:8
- “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.” Psalm 29:11