Hour of Power Weekly Updates:
May 23–29th, 2022
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” Hebrews 10:24-25
This Week on Hour of Power:
Musical Guest(s): “What Can I Do” by Princeton and Preston Parker, “Celebrate the King” by Princeton Parker, “Sweet Rivers” by HOP Choir
Interview Guest: Cristina Baker is an author and a content creator. She started making faith-based videos for Tik Tok as a way to connect with people, and encourage them in their spiritual journeys and prayer life. In her new book, Hope in 60 Seconds: Encountering the God of the Impossible, she includes prayers and stories of lives transformed to encourage readers to have faith in Jesus.
Speaker: Bobby Schuller
Message Title: Jesus Had an Eating Ministry. You Can Too!
Offers: Gather Here Charcuterie board, four-piece cheese knife set, and Gather Here; Charcuterie for Family and Friends book. hourofpower.org/gather
Other News/Things to Note:
- STAFF CHAPEL: We’ll meet in person at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday in the sanctuary. Please come 10 minutes early for snacks!
- Upcoming Guests: James Barnett (5/29), Stephen Miller (6/5), Guillaume Bignon (6/12), Rodney Smith Jr. (7/3). (Any and all are subject to change based on developments with COVID-19).
- Happy Birthday to Caitlyn Fonda (5/28). We are so grateful for you and the many ways you bless us with your joyful spirit!
- If you have any tech or IT needs, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want this to be a great place to work and don’t want any tech issues to get in the way!
- If you have an Adobe or other software subscription, email email@example.com so you can help us complete our software subscription audit!
- MBS has been working on the latest batch of Server Updates, and they will be sending out update notifications. If you receive a notification asking to update, please allow the updates to install on your computer when convenient. Updates will be taking place on Monday, May 23rd and Tuesday, May 24th from 8pm – 12am.
- Viewer Comment of the Week: “During the month of April the services at Hour of Power on TBN were very encouraging. I mainly watch online so I can share it. All the programs are uplifting. Everyone seems to enjoy worshiping the Lord. Thank you very much. God bless!.” Jim & Dixie, WV — You are encouraging others to encourage others! Remember that God is always working in and through you, so keep shining His light and pointing each other back to His love!
This Week at Shepherd’s Grove Presbyterian Church
(SERVICES at 9:00 and 11:00 am in the sanctuary or on the courtyard – no reservation needed)
Musical Guest(s): “For the Good” by Noelle Lidyoff, “I Thank God” by Aaron Al-Imam, “Song of Peace” by HOP Choir
Interview Guest: James Barnett is an author and the President of Dayspring, a Christian company that sells products to make Jesus known through social expression. His new book is called Blue Skies: How to Live in the Extraordinary Expectation of What’s Around the Corner. His book takes a look at how his family’s travels through America’s National Parks gave him new perspectives on success, callings, and joy.
Speaker: Bobby Schuller
Assisting: Tim McCalmont
Message Title: Get Your Garden On
- SGSupport: The church has launched a support ministry to help congregants with practical needs and to be a point of connection during this time. If you know someone in need of assistance, call the church or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Children’s ministry is meeting during the 11:00 a.m. services on Sundays. Reach out to Tracy for more info, or if you would like to get the Children’s Ministry newsletter!
- We encourage you to come a little bit early for Pre-Service Prayer & Communion with Hannah Schuller. We will gather in the sanctuary before the 9:00 a.m service at 8:35 a.m., and before the 11:00 a.m. service at 10:35 a.m. to unpack a Bible verse together and align our thoughts, prayers, and words with the powerful Word of God!
- 50+ Luncheon is happening on May 26th at 11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall! This is a wonderful time of fellowship for our 50+ community. Mark your calendars, and remember to bring a friend and an appetite!
- Sidecar Sunday is happening on June 5th! For those who are new to Shepherd’s Grove, it’ll be a time for us to gather to talk about the ministry of our church, as well as help you take the next steps of faith in your journey. You can register by texting “Sidecar” to 25252.
- Night of Healing will be taking place on June 5th at 7 p.m. in the Sanctuary! Join us for an amazing night of healing, prayer, and worship!
- On July 12-15 at Crean Lutheran High School, Shepherd’s Grove will join Love Irvine, which is sponsoring Soccer Camp this summer for both foster kids and anyone in the local community ages 6-14. Visit our blog to learn more!
- VBS is happening July 18-22nd! We will be “making waves” as we learn how what we do today can create a ripple effect and actually change the world around us. Click here to register.